This decade had so much going for it, at least those of us who grew up in the 90s think so. So join us and let’s travel down nostalgia road reminiscing about the good ole days we like to call the 1990s. If you remember all these fond memories then you too are 90’s kid.
Without further ado, you grew up in the 90s if . . .
- You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons
- You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school
- You remember reading "Goosebumps"
- You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off"
- ‘Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?’ was both a game and a TV game show
- You remember when Super Nintendo’s became popular
- You remember watching Home alone 1, 2, and 3 . . . and tried to pull the pranks on ‘intruders’
- You remember the phrase, "I’ve fallen and I can’t get up" (and have said it yourself many times)
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates
- Trapper Keepers were an essential back-to-school item
- You never got injured on a Slip ‘n’ Slide
- You remember boom boxes vs. CD players
- You played and/or collected "Pogs"
- You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere
- You watched the original Ninja Turtles & Power Rangers . . . Cowabunga Dude!
- The Hardy Boys were the best mystery books ever!
- You remember when the new Beanie Babies were always sold out
- You’ve gotten creeped out by ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark?’
- You know the Macarena by heart
- "Talk to the hand" was enough said
- You thought Brain would finally take over the world
- You always said, "Then why don’t you marry it!"
- You remember when everyone went slinky crazy
- You remember when Razor Scooters were cool
- You knew Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen collectively as Michelle Tanner
- You remember when teachers used to confiscate your Slap Bracelets
- You remember a time before . . . Internet, text messaging, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Sidekicks, iPods, PlayStation2, X-BOX, Wii, Blu-Ray, & HD TV
- You remember when light-up sneakers were cool
- You remember when you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs
- You remember when gas was $0.95 a gallon & Caller ID was a new thing
- You remember when we recorded stuff on VCRs & paid $3.50 to go to a movie
- You remember when the Chicago Bulls were the best team ever
- You remember playing Tag, Hide-n-Go Seek, Red Light Green Light, Heads Up 7 Up, Kick Ball, Dodge Ball, Red Rover, Mother May I, Four Square, Tetherball, Skip-It, Bop-It and Flashlight Tag
- "Get Over Here!!!!" means something to you
- You remember when Tickle Me Elmos and Furbies were the "IT" toys
- You remember running through the sprinklers
- You remember Ariel as ‘The Little Mermaid’ and you cried when Mufasa died in ‘The Lion King’
- You remember getting the privilege to sit in the front seat of the car
- You called the radio station to request songs to hear on your Walkman
- Capri Sun, Fruit Roll-Ups, Gushers, & Fruit By The Foot were staples in your lunch box
- You were an avid watcher of ABC’s TGIF, SNICK, Nick in the Afternoon, Disney Afternoon, FOX Kids, Nick Junior, Teen NBC (TNBC), & Nick at Nite
- Kool-Aid was your drink of choice
- $5 seemed like a million, and another dollar a miracle
- You begged to go to McDonalds everyday for dinner
- Toys R Us overruled the mall
- You wish you could get ‘slimed’
- Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe"
- Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming "Do over!"
- ‘Race issue’ meant arguing about who ran the fastest
- Interactive games meant going outside to play with friends
- Money problems were handled by whoever was the Monopoly banker
- It wasn’t odd to have two or three best friends
- Being old referred to anyone over 20
- It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the ‘big people’ rides at the fair
- Playing Nintendo was the hardest thing ever
- You remember before we realized all this would eventually disappear
*Sigh* Who would have thought you’d miss the 90’s so much!!!!
1990s Fads & Toys
America Online: From Industry Leader to Coffee Table Coaster