Schoolgirl uniforms are always a safe bet when it comes to Halloween costumes – especially at an office party where you want to make people as uncomfortable as possible – but throwing in a few extra touches can help you transform the standard pleated skirt deal into a full-blown tribute to the 90’s favorite teen idol, Britney Spears.
In her breakthrough video ‘Baby One More Time‘, Britney brought sexy back to high school as she cavorted and writhed in the halls of the local institute of not-quite higher learning. The video’s wardrobe, combined with the slightly more innocent look of her first album cover provides the singer’s most recognizable look of the decade. Lucky for you, it’s easy to pull off. Here’s what you will need:
- A frumpy gray short-sleeve cardigan sweater.
- A white Oxford shirt tied in the middle to reveal your belly-button.
- A black mid-riff baring under-layer to keep you decent beneath the costume’s open shirt.
- A black schoolgirl skirt, chunky black heels and woolen school knee-highs.
- Pink ribbons for your blonde pigtails
Of course, if you want to go for extra 90’s points, you could also aim for the pink halter top and white drawstring pants that make an appearance later in the video – it’s really up to you how deeply you want to delve into the Britney persona.
To help you pull together this great 90’s costume, we’ve provided links below to buy any of the key elements that you might be missing.