1. Couture from designer Jeremy Scott with a gaudy Simpsons twist.
2. Supercut: Quentin Tarantino from below.
3. On a related note, the following clip with a pre-Daily Show John Stewart interviewing Tarantino in advance of the release of Pulp Fiction has been making the rounds of late.
4. In honor of its 20th anniversary, Jurassic Park will get the 3D treatment in 2013. For the record, I'm still of the opinion that the book's core values (hubris and the creator complex, the ascendancy of the scientific method and the concept of progress, automation and the information age, and the dangers of unintended consequences chief amongst them) were severely compromised to make the film more palatable for children. The decision to tweak John Hammond's (Richard Attenborough) character arc (he escapes unscathed but for a bruised ego as opposed to the book in which he is literally eaten alive at the hands of his very creations) was a fatal flaw. That said, the dinos still look cool and the movie was certainly a technical accomplishment. Stepping off the soapbox in 3, 2, 1...
5. Cool then vs. cool now.
6. Film School Rejects lists 5 '90s television shows that merit a movie. Of them, the only one I could support would be Quantum Leap.
7. On a similar note, Geek Sugar features their 10 Favorite Geeks from '90s television.
88. Peep a vintage anti-littering PSA starring the always creepy David Lynch.
9. Our tee of the week filters Super Mario Bros. through the Tetris effect.